Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re super passionate about code, software development, and tech in general. You get some of your biggest kicks from finding solutions to complex problems. You obsess over finding not just any solution, but the best solution you’re capable of and avoid crappy shortcuts that aren’t scalable. You take pride in keeping your code clear and modular. At any point in time, you can go on vacation knowing another team member can pick up exactly where you left off.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design team to discuss gaming ideas and specifications.
- Establishing strategy and development pipelines.
- Planning and implementing game functionality.
- Transforming design ideas into functional games.
- Designing and building game codes.
- Identifying and fixing code errors and game bottlenecks.
- Testing game functionality and theme dynamics.
- Ensuring products conform to high industry standards.
- Designing and building game patches and upgrades.
- At least 4 years (preferably 6 or more) of professional development with Unity Engine.
- At least 2 projects deployed to production with Unity 2D engine.
- At least 1 project for online multiplayer game play in real-time.
- Has used Unity Web Build feature for browser applications.
- Capable of defining a Unity application architecture from scratch.
- Experience working with data defined applications. Meaning UI that's dynamic based on metadata and not statically defined through code.
- Familiarity with common patterns like Model View View-model (MVVM), Command Pattern, and Event-driven Programming.
- Capable of integrating multiple backend APIs with Unity Game play and event system.
- Experience with social games involving hundreds or thousands of concurrent users.
- Capable of working with audio/video streaming components in Unity.
- Procedural generation.
- Experience with reactive programming patterns.